The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 个人开发无人岛的相关政策进一步明确 当“岛主”的机会来了？
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 都说涂料不好做 为何还在扩张产能？ in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 家具业寒潮波及上游 南兴装备业绩下滑 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 投资不过山海关？东北民企如何跨跨越“三座大山”: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- “以房养老”如何破冰前行 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 广东省住建厅：各地市至少建成 1家国有住房租赁企业
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 绿色建材联动绿色建筑 建材绿色化升至国家行动
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 湖北省启动商品房销售检查 开发商捆绑收费将被纳入失信名单
- Gisele, 37, came in second place, having earned $17.5 million, marking the first year she has not headed up the line-up since 2002.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
We will develop cultural programs and industries.